The first 1,000 cheese lovers admitted to The Great Canadian Cheese Festival on Saturday, June 6, will receive a FREE sampler of fresh cheese curds made by St. Albert Cheese Co-operative earlier in the day. It’s one of the many ways we’ll be celebrating the fifth anniversary of the biggest cheese show in Canada. (We have another giveaway in the works for Sunday, June 7.)
- Sample and purchase more than 150 outstanding Canadian artisan and farmstead cheeses from 30+ Canadian cheesemakers coast to coast.
- Plus artisan foods, plus fine wines and craft beers, plus a food court. In total, more than 500 different cheeses, foods and beverages on offer.
- An insulated Festival cooler bag for hauling home fromage and other purchases.
- Glass for sampling wine and beer for 19+.
- Admittance on first-come, first-served basis to seminars in the All You Need Is Cheese Annex presented by Dairy Farmers of Canada.
- Live music by Starpainters duo. Click here for a sampler.
- All You Need Is Cheese magazine courtesy of Dairy Farmers of Canada.
- Festival Dairy Farm.
- Special admission pricing for groups and seniors 60+.
- Families are welcome, with children 15 and younger admitted FREE when accompanied by an adult.
- FREE parking.
- First 500 ticket purchasers receive a limited-edition Great Canadian Cheese Festival branded glass for sampling beverages.
Plan to make a weekend of it, as one day won’t be enough to sample all 500 cheeses, foods and beverages on offer. Find accommodations to suit your tastes and budget by clicking here.
The fifth anniversary Cheese Festival takes place June 6-7, 2015. The venue is Picton Fairgrounds in the heart of Ontario’s Prince Edward County, just south of Belleville in Bay of Quinte Region, near spectacular Sandbanks Provincial Park.
The Great Canadian Cheese Festival is produced by Cheese Lover Productions with the generous support of Celebrate Ontario and our Diamond Sponsor, Dairy Farmers of Canada, with additional support from: