Calling all cheese lovers!
The third annual Great Canadian Cheese Festival takes place on the first weekend of June. That’s next week! The Artisan Cheese & Fine Food Fair runs Saturday and Sunday, June 1-2. Cheese tours are offered on Friday, May 31.
More than 100 exhibitors and vendors, about 125 different Canadian cheeses to sample and buy, and 3,000+ consumers make the event the biggest cheese show in Canada representing producers from coast to coast. One-third of the participating cheese producers come from Québec. This year, we welcome our first cheesemakers from Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. Winners of the Canadian Cheese Grand Prix are featured, including the Grand Champion Ricotta.
NEW FOR 2013:
- More cheese to sample and purchase than ever before!
- Three dozen artisan food producers grow the show
- Two-day pass for Artisan Cheese & Fine Food Fair
- Combo pass for Artisan Cheese & Fine Food Fair and one Tutored Tasting of your choice
- Children 18 and under admitted free on Sunday
- Wine & Dine with chefs and cheesemakers, including Top Chef Canada finalist Francois Gagnon
- Cheese + Beer = Cheers! at Picton’s favourite watering hole
- Take a Quinte Cheese Tour
- Guided tastings of Bay of Quinte food and drink
- Special Tutored Cheese Tastings guided by Julia Rogers, Vanessa Simmons and Andrew Laliberté
- Seniors ticket for Artisan Cheese & Fine Food Fair
- Shuttle bus service from Toronto and Ottawa
- A convenient service called Savvy Sip & Shop whereby attendees can order any Ontario wine, cider and craft beer available for sampling at the Festival for home delivery—within a week.
The venue is Picton Fairgrounds in the heart of Ontario’s Prince Edward County, just south of Belleville in Bay of Quinte Region. The expanded show with more exhibitors and vendors now includes Prince Edward Curling Club as well as historic Crystal Palace. Rain or shine as three-quarters of the show is indoors.
|Gold Sponsor||Silver Sponsor||Presenting Partner||Presenting Partner|