The first 1,000 cheese lovers admitted to The Great Canadian Cheese Festival on Saturday, June 6, will receive FREE fresh cheese curds made by St. Albert Cheese Co-operative earlier in the day. It’s one of the many ways we’ll be celebrating the fifth anniversary of the biggest cheese show in Canada.
The first 1,000 cheese lovers admitted to The Great Canadian Cheese Festival on Sunday, June 7, will receive a FREE grilled cheese sandwich, thanks to Stonemill Bakehouse, Stirling Creamery and Cheddar & Ale Trail cheese producers.
Take your pick of Saturday or Sunday, curds or grilled cheese—or purchase a two-day, best-buy pass and get both treats.
- Sample and purchase more than 150 outstanding Canadian artisan and farmstead cheeses from 30+ Canadian cheesemakers coast to coast, including winners and finalists in the 2015 Canadian Cheese Grand Prix.
- Plus artisan foods, plus fine wines and craft beers, plus a food court. In total, more than 500 different cheeses, foods and beverages on offer.
- A Festival tote bag for hauling home fromage and other purchases.
- Glass for sampling wine and beer for 19+.
- Informative seminars in the All You Need Is Cheese Annex presented by Dairy Farmers of Canada, admittance on first-come, first-served basis.
- Live music by Starpainters duo. Click here for a sampler.
- All You Need Is Cheese magazine courtesy of Dairy Farmers of Canada.
- Festival Dairy Farm featuring a water buffalo.
- Discounted admission pricing for groups and seniors 60+.
- Families are welcome, with children 15 and younger admitted FREE when accompanied by an adult.
- Lots of FREE parking.
Click here to order your tickets online today! Start the anniversary celebration right away by saving 10% off the admission price. Enter the promo code CF15WEB before starting your online ticket order .
Plan to make a weekend of it, as one day won’t be enough to sample all 500 cheeses, foods and beverages on offer. Find accommodations to suit your tastes and budget by clicking here.
The fifth anniversary Cheese Festival takes place June 6-7, 2015. The venue is Picton Fairgrounds in the heart of Ontario’s Prince Edward County, just south of Belleville in Bay of Quinte Region, near spectacular Sandbanks Provincial Park.
The Great Canadian Cheese Festival is produced by Cheese Lover Productions with the generous support of Celebrate Ontario and our Diamond Sponsor, Dairy Farmers of Canada, with additional support from: