Chefs of the Cooks & Curds Gala
SATURDAY JUNE 2
|7:00 pm||PRINCE EDWARD CURLING CLUB
The Cooks & Curds Gala is the culinary and social highlight of The Great Canadian Cheese Festival.
The first sitting at 6:00 p.m. has SOLD OUT. Second sitting at 7:00 p.m. now on sale. Don’t delay ordering your tickets!
Eight outstanding chefs from across Canada use Canadian cheeses to create mouth-watering tasting dishes that are paired with Canadian wine, craft beer and cider. The strolling dinner on Saturday evening concludes with an after-dinner cheese board presented by Dairy Farmers of Canada, sweets, sparkling wine, ice wine, port, coffee and tea. Presented by Swallow.
From British Columbia to Newfoundland, here are the Gala chefs:
- Jimmy Stewart, British Columbia Read more . . .
- Talia Syrie, Manitoba Read more . . .
- Jamie Kennedy, Ontario Read more . . .
- Michael Blackie, Ontario Read more . . .
- Marc Cohen, Quebec Read more . . .
- Francois Gagnon, Quebec Read more . . .
- Domenic Serio, Prince Edward Island Read more . . .
- Katie Hayes, Newfoundland Read more . . .
Gala menu details with cheese selection by the chefs will be posted as they become available. With wine pairings recommended by David Lawrason.
Not to be missed! Food Network celebrity chef Bob Blumer, who makes a guest appearance at the Festival’s Cheese Fair earlier in the day, has offered to make a blue-cheese cappuccino in the Gala’s dessert lounge.
Space is limited to 500 guests in the Gala venue so don’t delay in ordering your tickets. Already, more than 250 tickets have been sold.
COOKS & CURDS GALA: $100 in advance, $125 at door if available BUY NOW!